Do you want to create an image for your business that will readily distinguish you from your competitors? It will of course take time but it can be done, many businesses have and are doing so. The following provide some ideas on getting it done:
- Design a logo and create letterheads. You can do these yourself using any word process or publisher software. If you’re not that creative, hire someone to do it for you using O’Desk, Freelancer or similar service.
- Have a business philosophy or mission statement and clearly display this in your business. It should reflect the business’ values/motto.
- Create social media accounts such Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, Pinterest, Stumbleupon and others. Use these accounts to improve your online presence and spread the word about product or service.
- Join groups, forums and make guest blogs or commentaries on other websites/blogs.
- Know your customers and their needs and try to fulfil them. Get customer feedback whenever possible and use the information received to help you make positive changes where necessary.
- Value your customers – without them you have no business. Keep them abreast of changes, offer great prices, stay in contact, be complementary and say ‘thank you’.
- Make your employees feel satisfied; develop and maintain a good relationship with them.
- Don’t try to do everything, seek the advice of competent individuals who can make up for what you lack. Delegate and outsource when necessary.
- Know what is happening with your product, the market you are in and what is happening with your competitors. This means keeping abreast of industry changes.
- Always look out for new opportunities; seize them when they come. Use tools such as the SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threat) Analysis to help you analyse your position.
These are just some of the things you can do to create a positive image and improve your online presence.